Monday, September 29, 2008

Playin' Catch up.

I know I've been quiet posting my usual music quickies. I do think music says it all. But I'm glad I'm not a lyricist, my songs would be so long winded. :D

I've had a few food posts that I wanted to blog about but There was never any food left to take a picture of. Since I have baby in the house and my camera isn't one of those tiny slim things that I can stash here and there; I'm never prepared to take photos of my pictures.

I have to say though try this one day.

Hot ciabbatta bread and herbed butter.

Where do I get the butter?

I made it.

I finely chopped some fresh basil and mixed it into some soft butter along with a some dill.

I can't tell you how fantastic that was.
We had lentils and a chicken breast in a garlic white wine sauce. We died.

I don't always make food that awesome it's usually pretty "meh". I mean I don't put that much into it. But for some reason, I was inspired to make this cool dish.


A couple of nights before I made some lentils and they were really GREAT, accompanied with a few thin sliced Ribeye steaks. I was channeling my mom or something because it was tasted just like hers.

Again I apologize for the lack of pictures. Food doesn't last long here. LOL.

On to some other topics.
So much has been going on. I'm almost done with school.
We finally sold our house. Which aloud me to be able to get a newer/used car. I love it. It's a Subaru Forrester XT '04. ( have I already posted about this. *snort* sorry I'm having a sleep deprived senior moment)

We also realized that our lease was almost up so it was time to search for that next home. And we found it. So this month will be moving month for us. The awesomeness of the whole deal. We are moving across the street from where we live now!!!!

On a knitting note.
I'm still working on the clapotis, but I think I need to dig out a few wintery things. there is this cool hand print sweater I was making the baby. It will definitely fit him now and just in time for the little chill on the way.

I'm just happy that things are starting to normalize. Soon I'll be able to put all my yarn in a my own spot and use it when I want instead of climbing the Mt BOXIS. ugh

Off to bed. Night.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Mt. Boxis...You're too funny!

I'm so glad things are really coming together for you and the family. You know what, I need to call you today.

Enid said...

heehee. I'll be around. :D

coastergirl said...

EXCUSE ME - I have been eatin amazingly well the last few days...oh wait - you cooked all that food....YOUR COOKING ROCKS!!!!!

Snap Shots