Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy 2008!!

I hope that everyone had a beautiful 2008 celebration.

So this year for me will start with yet another musical post.
The quick version so I don't bore you. Ever get a little tune in your head that doesn't go away? Then you think, hmmmm I wonder if Youtube has a video for it.

Well at first it started with Simply Red's Stars song.. LOVE IT.

But then I went way back to "It's Only a Paper Moon." written in 1933 by Harold Arlen, and the lyrics by E. Y. Harburg and Billy Rose.

In 1938 the lovely Ella Fitzgerald recorded it and as some of you may know many other artists have rerecorded this great piece.

I didn't find her version but I found many others. Then I found this one that said Isto - Paper Moon. The dude is sitting on the floor playing the guitar with a funnel on his head. I was intrigued. So reluctantly but curious all at the same time clicked the link. It was a "great" version but it wasn't bad. He had a pretty cool voice. I must see more I thought. He has lots to choose from. I liked this one so I will post. Someone made a comment on his videos. "The more I listen to them the more I like." I like.

1 comment:

Chandramoon said...

Happy new year Enid! Hope all's well with you.

Snap Shots