Saturday, January 26, 2008

Quick someone toss me a line.

It's getting deep over here.

The amount of BS my teen keeps dishing out I'm up to neck in it. We are past wading boots.


"Hey, what's that on your lip"
"A pimple" she says
"a pimple"
"yeah a pimple" as the piece of metal clacks against her teeth and shimmers in the light.

"really that's a pimple."
"uh-huh" still blinding me with her metal projectile resting against her teeth.

"HEY-(spouse's name)Come check out (daughter's name)'s Pimple."
Eye's rolling to the back of her head.

DH walks in looking mildly annoyed, as usual. "HUH?!?!?" he says.
"Show him your pimple"
She stands there with lips tightly pressed together.

We must have "JACKASSES" written on our foreheads.

"OPEN your mouth" I say. *sparkle sparkle shing*

I walk away.

"When did you do that?" I hear him say. "What did you do that with"
"a safety pin a few days ago. I was bored." meekly responding (PLEASE)

"Take that crap out."
"That is stupidest thing you could ever do. We've talked about this before. You hit a nerve and you can damage your lip FOREVER."

I feel like the biggest asshole, since I just went out and did something nice for her. She's been wanting to make cupcakes so I went out and bought her what she needed. WHY, should I. When I don't even get the decency of a truthful answer. NO MATTER HOW stupid it is. At least give me the courtesy.

I tell ya I'm at a total flippin' loss.

And then we walk around sulking because she "SAYS" she gets treated unfairly.....UMMM. Well if you didn't freakin' lie about everything under the sun we wouldn't have these freakin' problems.

What are we Rainbow Bright with sparkley pimples? Does gold come out of your ear? (Trying really hard to keep it tactful but you know what I wanted to say.)


For now,

Drowning in BS

7 comments:

Chandramoon said...

oh dear the terrible teenage phase - don't worry it gets better eventually when they leave home ha ha!!!! Only joking....

Enid said...

HAHA.... I'm counting the days. LOL.

xxx

LisaW. said...

right here with you....hanging on for the ride...i feel your pain...tequila helps.

Michelle said...

You're kidding, she did that shit herself?! She was bored?! Yikes. I won't ask what's next.

Enid said...

Thanks Lisa. Thanks Michelle. I don't want to know what's next, either.

janna said...

I just gave you a "You Make My Day" award -- does that help???

Enid said...

Aww!! Janna thanx!! You made my day! :D

Snap Shots