Thursday, September 20, 2007

moving diaries.

Day one: Friday 14. Sure pick up the keys, show hubby house (he hadn't seen it yet) pick up moving van.
Picking up the keys took like 30 minutes plus. She didn't know where they were, couldn't find the property manager. Didn't have a copy of my lease ready. You get the picture.
Hubby saw the house he liked it.
On our way to pick up the moving van we got lost. We spent like 1o minutes looking at his stupid smart phone (I made an oxymoron didn't I) trying to get the website to load properly so we could look at a map. To only find out that if we had just gone a little further up we would have found it.
derrrr!
Hubby and little man went home in the big truck and I took the remainder of the gang and we went on a quest for a piano dolly. Found one, got it. Back on the road to begin moving. Grabbed dinner. That pretty much was the whole day. We ate and we began packing the big stuff.
Went to bed at about 1 am only to have the crazy worst night ever. My alarm goes off spontaineously at 1202am (that was just the beginning before we went to bed) Got the kiddos to bed, the baby is picking up hyper vibes so he's a little restless. At about 330am another alarm goes off. Nobody set this alarm. we get back to sleep the baby wakes up again crying. finally back to sleep, another alarm goes off spontaneously about 5 or 6 something am. WTF???

Day Two: (to be continued)

a quick note:
I have have internet access!!! It's freaking FAST!! I've had ISDN lines for the last two years.
I have cable OMG!! I went into a channel changing comatose for like 10 minutes.

I have gallstones...did I tell you all that I can't remember. I met with a surgeon, he said I could wait till after the move and everything has settled to have my surgery.

I bet I already talked about that, if I did forgive me senior moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big smile here after reading your post today. Enjoyed it.

My photography over 50 years ago >Sendai, Japan

kinnigurl said...

Gallstones! Ewww...Do you have to have a cholecystectomy (hehe) or just have the stones removed? And what was with all the alarms going off? Are you all finished moving now? I know - so many questions!

Amysatx said...

I like the idea of living in new surroundings, but the actual moving aspect (packing, unpacking, etc.) sucks! Hope you can take a break and join us at SnB!!

Snap Shots