Thursday, December 20, 2007

lights, Camera, UUUUHHH that's gotta hurt.

So it's been confirmed, checked and double checked. Not only is my doctor sure I should be taking the little purple pill, he thinks I should be doing it twice a day.

I'm not going into detail about the whole horrible morning I had the day of the endoscopy. In a nutshell I was in terrible pain, and could not eat or drink or do anything about it but pace and breathe.

Finally the moment came when the doc shows up and clearly sees I'm in severe discomfort. He was awesome. I really liked him a lot. I like is PA a lot too. very good listeners and very sympathetic. One of the first questions he asked me was "How is your stress levels these days?" I started to answer but they were already giving me the drugs to put me to sleep so I didn't say much else, but "very HIGH. I have a baby, a seven year old and a 15 years old that is acting a fool right nzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzz"
He said some other things to me but I can't 'member. :P

That question has made me think. I am a nervous, anxious, stressed out person by nature. I try really hard not to let stuff bother me, but my body reacts other wise. The reaction is so involuntary it's almost like breathing. How do you unlearn such volatile and involuntary reaction. Should I runaway from home and become a Zen Buddhist.

Honestly my life is not bad at all. I have some big stressors but others have it worse. The big picture of my life is not so bad, it's my physical reaction to these stupid things that are hurting me.

Do you pay attention to what your body does when you have small life altering moments?
And by small I mean, delays in traffic, stupid things that throw off your schedule, the child is slow at brushing his teeth or refuses to do it. You get my point.

No comments:

Snap Shots