Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Missing a little bit of home.

Let me explain. :D Home is here but I'm a big girl now and I'm married and have kids. What I miss is a little bit of my dad's cookin'. He passed a way over 12 years ago.
So I packed up my little partner in crime his diaper bag and some drinks and we headed across town to the Boricua Food Market. Got some green banlalala(like my little man says, [it's bananas]), green plantains, frozen cassava, and other various roots, and last but not least sans souci salted cod without the bones. Since we were there I had to buy some new little tasty treats like cookies and stuff that you can't find in the local grocery store. The baby danced to some Puerto Rican Christmas songs that were playing in the shop, as he chowed down on some Goya Plantain chips.
He's more like his momma in that respect, I can't resist the urge to shimmy and dance if I hear a good beat. :D I just might have someone to dance with me at weddings when I'm an old lady. :D

Every year I make a Christmas Pork Roast, a traditional Puerto Rican dish for many occasions but in our family is was mainly Christmas. This year I ordered mine pre-marinaded. Especially made by the shop owners. Until then I will patiently wait for my call to tell me that my pernil is ready for pick up. WoooHOOo!!

I love going there. It's like going to visit an uncle, always happy to see ya and greeted with a bright and warm smile.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Big hugs and lots of love to you!

Enid said...

Ojala pudiera ordenar uno por aca en Lubbock, you are lucky! Iam goin to try to do some pasteles my self para nuestra cena de navidad.

junior_goddess said...

Yay you! I wish I had known. That sounds like a fun field trip!

Snap Shots