Monday, November 10, 2008

What a weekend.


Yarn booty1
Originally uploaded by mousepotatozone
For a week that started off a little on the nutty side, this past weekend was for a lack of a better word GREAT!

Friday was a little bit of a blur, but who cares. :D
Saturday was just tops Mary and I started off with a little trip to Kid 'n Ewe in the little town of Boerne. It was nice, not to crowded. I went with a specific agenda in mind. 1. Fondle the alpaca yarn. Check. 2. Nuzzle some buffalo skein. Check. 3. Check out and maybe by some Plain and Fancy wool. Check. 4. Visit and get some more Brooks Farm. Check.
Mission accomplished.

After a long day of walking around we decided to go heckle our friend David while he taught a class on how to properly photograph your knitted goods or various objects.

But the day was still missing something. So we called up our best bud Michelle and met her for laughs and good eats Sushi Zushi.
With our bellies full and our hearts content we said good night. And Mary and I kept catching each others yawns. HEEHEE. We were a little tired.

I was going to meet them the next day at our weekly meet up spot but, since I left hubby alone all day on Saturday I thought I should stick around and hang out with the family. I have to say it was quite pleasant. Put some clothes away, remnants from the move still linger in our bedroom, not everything has a home yet. After the baby woke up from his long nap we gather up the boys and ate dinner and headed to the park. We let the littlest one take the lead and he ran the whole trail. It was too funny, still revved up with plenty of energy we let him scamper around in the playground. He would have stayed there all night. It was already dark and he didn't want to leave. He screamed and cried when daddy picked him up.
After that we remembered we needed eggs and milk so we took the cranky kiddos to Walmart. I don't have to tell you that wasn't fun, but we survived.
We watched the new episode of Trueblood and finished with more questions than when the show started. I can't wait till the next episode, too bad there are only 2 more to go.

4 comments:

Amysatx said...

Nice haul! I'll need to post my goodies one of these days too! I heart Brooks Farm!

Courtney said...

Hi Enid. You won some yarn on my blog! Email me your address and I'll put it in the mail.

Michelle said...

Oh dang, I had, like, the best time with you gals! Thank you so much for talking me out of my hole!

junior_goddess said...

I bought some Plain and Fancy!!! That's about all I bought!

Snap Shots