Friday, November 16, 2007

A little warm sake....

A little warm sake will make it all better.
Little is the key word here, doesn't take much sake to take an effect on me.
It doesn't take much of anything to affect me especially since it isn't often that I have any alcohol.

I found yet again something folded up and shoved in my front door. But this time it was a delivery flyer. wokonwheels I think it is. I was so excited so naturally it's friday I don't want to cook. Long story short we decided it would be best to pay cash. So then I'd have to go get cash That just doesn't make sense. There is a delivery fee for the wokonwheels, and then if i go get money there is an atm fee, and not to mention the gas i use going on the little errand. I'll just go get it myself.

So I picked up little E from his friends house and we went to grab some grub. YUM YUM.
First stop a little restaurant down the street, where I ordered way to much food as usual but at we will have lunch for tomorrow. While we waited we went next door to this Asian market. My son was very interested in finding moon cakes. no moon cakes but we found Mung bean cakes (I'm sure they are of no relation. I've had a moon cake but I can't remember what it looked like or tasted it like it was a while back), and something else that he saw and wanted to try. We walked up and down the isles. This place is great. It's small but it's inventory is very very expansive, everything tightly showcased in short isles of this long little supermarket. I want to say they've got everything you can imagine, it's great. I could spend hours just studying everything and then picking out the right new thing to try. Frozen foods, fresh fish, they even had Roasted ducks, and roasted pork ready to eat. At the back of the store they have this cart and with a small selection of bright red roasted ducks neck and all. One day when I'm in the mood for duck and brave I just might give it a try.
Any how I knew I wanted a little bit of sake so I found my appropriate isle and
began starring at the sake bottle like a little kid in a candy store. In the end I selected a Sho Chiku Bai. Paid for our ice cream, pastries and sake (what a combo) and headed next door to pick up our hot meals.

Which brings me to the present. I had my meal. Went upstairs to do some studying and then took a break for a little bit of warm sake. Kampai!!

I'm all better now. >^_^<

6 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

A little sake always soothes the soul!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Enid said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaveing a comment. Kari&Kijsa

LisaW. said...

aaahhh...a nice little warm pick me up...after your last post...well deserved. i can sincerely empathize and will lift my very own sake cup to you re: 15yr old bs...enough to make one say "fine go out and see how much fun it is" ick! good thing they were cute for so long otherwise you'd just wanna kill em now. Hey...you will make it through school. if you don't want to quit at least 20 times it's just not worth it...you will feel SO good and SO dang proud of yourself for making it through. honest. i did it. you will too. just because you are your very own wunnerful self.

Enid said...

Thanks Lisa. I appreciate that. Honestly you made my morning.

Bee said...

Personally a cold sake fan myself, but a few sips with the right frame of mind can fix anything! ;~)

Shea Avery said...

Thanks for tthe post

Snap Shots