Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Restorations

I do restorative work on old photos. Here is an example of an extreme case.

my work

This stuff is really fun to do sometimes.

My mother in law is really into doing genealogy research and restoring historical markers all along south Texas. You should check out their Blogsite at the Atascosa County Chronicles.
There are some great stories there and bunch of other neat things.

The picture above is something I did for her, from her private collection and I'm always available to help this group out. I think its always a good thing to help restore these irreplaceable pieces of history.

Got any challenging photos maybe I can help.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's really cool, it looks great! Do you use photoshop to do that?

Enid said...

Yes Photoshop is my preferred tool. But I've used Gimp. Which is an awesome open source version of a photo editing program.

Birdwell said...

That's really great Enid. You're going to have to give me some photo editing tips one of these days.

Spectacular job.

Snap Shots