Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sick and tired and PISSED

PIssed is not the word to describe how I feel at the moment. I'm annoyed and I want someones ass in a sling. But who??? I don't know. Perhaps the (excuse me) ASShole that sold my (excuse me again) fucking number.

This number is brand new. I've been called at least 5-6 times a day by numbers that are blocked. Or numbers that have just the number and not a name.


Just now I got a number from (0) so I answer with a "WHAT" and I get the pleasure of listening to (pardon me again) a f***in' recording. We have business to discuss with you. (UHH no we don't) Please call us at 847-615-7383 if you are not this person call us at 847-615-7383. ( no fucking way...I'm not calling you to do your job for you. 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 847-615-7383 >>>>I hope some computer out there is scanning for phone numbers and then dials this number over and over again.

Next issue.

Is another number that has called us but NOTHING no voice no recording. NOT the first time. 800-861-5065 .... ready here we go 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065 800-861-5065

Yet another harrassing tale.
I open my front door and on the front door there is a folded up envelope, from Conn's YEP Conn's. So I open it. It said I owed them money and if i didn't pay they were going to take reposession actions. (OH REALLY?!?) I haven't bought anything from them. This is isn't mine OH look. on the top LEFT hand corner is small print is some JAMES MORALES. well that explains, gosh I should be helpful and call 800-898-7105 them to tell them this person does not live in this house. I was told that I needed to put an address on it and send it back to them. (I'M suppose to do their job for them?!?! She couldn't take the name down and make note of it and pass it on to the proper personnel.) I said "no I'm not doing anything. you all need to get your facts straight."

For the record I'm usually not a smart ass like that. I mean I called them to let them know. duh.. the fact that she ordered me and told me "what you need to do is send it back." I'm not throwing a stamp on this. She said very condescendingly "MA'aM this is someone else's mail." I said in louder more condescending tone...."uh It wasn't in my mailbox. As I said earlier it was on my DOOR!!" "well 'den just thow it away." "Thanks I will do that."Click.

CAn you believe that not 3o minutes later, I get a phone call from some very southern accented lady. "uh yes is James there??" "You have the wrong number. *sigh*" "Um ha-ow ah-bowt EEned? " Extremely annoyed...."WHO IS THIS??" "Um thees is shurleee and we're trying to get a hole of James and your name came up. " "LOOK James doesn't live here and this is not his number." now acting stupid and innocent. "I'm soorrree may'am for getting the wrong number den!!!" as I responded she hung up so here we go folks. 210-924-4700 210-924-4700 210-924-4700 210-924-4700 210-924-4700 210-924-4700 210-924-4700

>>>> 210-924-4700

Folks I kid you not as I sit here 8:56pm I get yet another call from the local paper. They've called us every night since the day i got this number. 210-250-2000
The asshole on the other line got smart with me can you believe it.

Why am i so annoyed, because the calls are often, late, and just non stop. Everyday since we've gotten this phone. We've only been here for maybe 3 weeks.

I am so calling this service provider and telling them that I'm switching to ATT because. I mean it's so evident that they just turned around and sold our number or gave us a number that hasn't been out of service very long. (I'm sure there is no law against that but FUCK people) This has never happened to me before.

The conn's thing bothered me the most. First some asshole is sneaking up to my door and leaving notes. The note says they are going to reposes. Are they going to just show up one day and try to muscle their way into a house that doesn't belong to JAMES. WTF????

I'm not feeling very safe at them moment.

I'm not feeling safe and I'm very irritated.

6 comments:

ZaftigWendy said...

Wow, Enid, you are right to be p.o'd!

When Melanie opened the store, for 6 months, we got phone calls for a Jose something-or-other who apparently didn't pay his bills.

It is illegal for collectors to harass people who DO owe them money. If you get any more calls, tell them that you are going to report their number to the State and District Attorney to be prosecuted for harassment. They'll take you off their call list so fast your head will spin.

Especially when you have little kids, it is so annoying to have to deal with idiots on the phone.

smariek said...

Hey Enid, I just figured out that you have a new blog! Sorry, I've been really out of the loop these last few months with our house move and everything. But I hear ya with the phone calls, although not as bad as your experience with calls and notes. We got phone service at our new house late Aug, but didn't move in until 2nd week of Sept. We've gotten so many telemarketer recordings at our new phone in the past few weeks than at the old house in the last few years combined! Very annoying to have to stop what I'm doing to answer the frigging phone for these people, and then there's Miss M in the background saying, "grandma, grandma" cuz she thinks it's my mom calling.

Enid said...

Thanks for the tip Wendy.

Smariek, thanks for coming by. It's good to see you again. Ravelry and your blog. :D

Amysatx said...

UGH!!! Those phone calls are sooo annoying!!! With caller ID we don't answer phone calls whose # we don't recognize or we'll often just pick up the phone and hang up w/o saying anything. I think it just goes along with moving since it's happened everytime I've switched my #.

Michelle said...

Oh dang! When we first moved here to SA, the same thing happened to us. I so don't blame you for being pissed!

kinnigurl said...

I hate those calls!!! I used to answer them before I got caller ID and I was all polite like. Now - especially when I am working, I do answer the phone, but I don't talk, I just leave it off the hook beside me for about 10 minutes or so and then they can't disconnect to make another call. Teehee.....
Sometimes when they ask for me by name and I know it's a telemarketer I will tell them that I am dead. That throws them for a loop too. Just like messin' with their heads.

Snap Shots